Individual Licenses

Every ECCC racer must have a current USAC Collegiate license, which is good for all seasons throughout the year. If you'll be doing several races you should purchase an annual license, but if you just want to try things out you can also purchase a 1-day license.  

Before getting a license, the school must have a club account with USA Cycling.  Once the application is processed, your riders can start purchasing their individual licenses.

  • Annual License. USAC Collegiate annual licenses cost $45 or are an addition to a non-collegiate USAC license (i.e., your Road or Mountain racing license), subject to a $10 processing fee by USAC. Take note that they are valid until the end of the calendar year, not the academic year.  Annual licenses can be purchased with cash, check, or credit card at every race and are valid immediately; hold onto your copy of the form as it serves as your license until your account is activated with USA Cycling. It is much easier and faster, however, to purchase a license online at the USAC website. These licenses are also effective immediately. You can login and print an "Authorization to Ride" from your account that will serve as your license.
  • 1-Day License. New racers can also purchase a $10 license good for one day of racing. These are available to purchase by cash or check at every race. These are only valid for the beginner's categories (i.e., Men D and Women D in Road; C in MTB; Men C and Women B in Cyclocross).

In general, you should purchase an annual if there's any chance you'll do more than a day of racing. Note that 1-day licenses cover exactly that, one day, so you need two to do a full weekend of ECCC racing. It therefore makes sense to buy an annual even if you're just doing two weekends of racing at any point in the year.

If you will be doing any non-collegiate racing, i.e., over the summer, you should purchase a standard license and get the free collegiate add-on. Otherwise you'll wind up paying the collegiate fee and the standard fee if you change your mind later. Due to the embedded nature of ECCC CX races, cyclocross racers may need a standard license for their category (may be a UCI license at some events) in addition to their collegiate license!

Funds from license purchases go to a variety of uses:

  • Part of the money channels back to fund conference operations.
  • The largest portion goes to USAC's member insurance, which provides catastrophic medical coverage for incidents that occur in sanctioned events. More information on USAC's insurance programs is available on the website.
  • The remainder goes to fund national collegiate operations and general USAC activities.


Club Licenses

Once a club is recognized by its school, getting the required USA Cycling Collegiate club license is simple and easy:

  • Download the USA Cycling Club Application and Collegiate Club Eligibility form
  • Fill out the simple, straightforward two page form.
  • Have your club sports administrator complete the second page.
  • Send the completed form to USA Cycling via the address on the form. If you are renewing a license, enclose the $75 club license fee. If you are a first time club, it's free and you're all set!

Once the application is processed, the club should show up on USAC's list of collegiate clubs. Expect this to take a week or so after the form is received. At that point your riders can start purchasing their individual licenses.

Existing clubs can alternatively renew their license online immediately. To do so, any account currently listed as an administrator for the club on can log in and click the "Manage USA Cycling Clubs" link to renew the license. If that link does not appear, the account is not associated with the club as an administrator. Have one of the current administrators designate it as a fellow admin, contact the National Manager to have the account added, or submit the paper form above.

That's it! If you have any questions or problems, contact the Conference Director or National Manager. More information about the process is available on USAC's website.